Sunday, July 28, 2019

Book Making

As part of our literacy and social studies program, we have been looking at communication. One of our literacy activities was to make a mini-book that we had to write and illustrate then share with others. It was heaps of fun but also difficult as the books were so tine and our writing had to be tidy and able to be easily read. The illustrations had to tie in with our story.
Lots of people in the class never completed this as they had to keep restarting when their writing was too big. We had to really think about how many words went on each page as we were limited to 8 pages only. On the back, we had to have a synopsis of our story. Some of us need to look carefully at the size and shape of our handwriting letters.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Room 2,
    these books look amazing, I like how you guys use your creativity to make these card, I really like the tiger card because the tiger looks realistic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia orana Room 2,

    My name is Poitirere I am a year 7 student attending St Pius X Catholic School,

    I have enjoyed reading these lovely books created by your class, I wish our class could make these little booklets.

    I think it would be lovely if you could have one of the best booklets that has been written by your class to be published world wide mabey ?

    But either than this I think that your class has done a great job creating these booklets.

    Kind Regards: Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Room 2,

    My name is Sateki attending Saint Pius X school, when I immediatley saw those pictures I read about you making books I enjoyed it.
    I hope I can make some in the future.

    Kind Regards
    Sateki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Room 2,
    My name is Jerome and I am a year 8 student attending St Pius X catholic school, I like these books that you have made, I think that they are very creative and it's a great idea.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malo E Lelei,
    My name is Sia and I'm a year 8 attending St Pius X Catholic School.
    I like the pictures you've drawn! They're very creative.

    Keep up the good work!!
    Sia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.