Tuesday, May 16, 2017


ANZAC ART

One of the borders of our school is the beach. It takes us 2 mins to walk across the field to the beach which we probably don't use as much as we should. We went to the beach to source white stones to paint ANZAC POPPIES on. 
As you can probably see there are ltos of grey rocks and it took us a while (we did play around a bit and enjoy the fresh air ) . We each had an idea about the size and shape of rock that we wanted and the teacher encouraged us to stick to that (another reason it took a little longer).
We looked at lots of poppies and each decided what we wanted our poppy to look like. Next we sketched our poppy design onto a our rock then painting  a black outline with a very fine brush. You had to take your time, hold the brush carefully and use small clear strokes. Once this was dry we filled in the outline.


We had planned to lie them amongst our crosses when we had our ANZAC service but it was pouring with rain so we were allowed to take them home or leave them on the classroom window sill. 

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you drew your poppies and flowers on the rocks you found at the beach. I cannot find any fault in your work and think it is excellent. I hope you visit my blog and comment!
    http://wisjoyh.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is david i am from wesleyintermediate I like how creative you were .I like how you painted them on rocks and how you were going to put them on the crosses.I could not find nt fault in your work and nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Samarah from wesleyintermediate

    You guys are really creative those roses are so pretty there very pretty colours.

    I wish i could draw like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that your school borders onto the sea and you did a really good job on you poppys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.