Monday, March 26, 2018

Swimming

As our town swimming pool - "The Aquatic Centre" is closed, it has been closed for months to have the roof fixed. We have been busing to Cobden School to use their swimming pool every Monday. It is kind of shallow and much smaller than what we are used to but we are happy that have let us use it so we can keep developing our swimming.


We have 4 swimming groups all at different levels so that we are all learning at our own levels. Mr Clarke went early each day and roped the pool off into four spaces. It was a little cramped but it worked for us. We appreciate that Cobden School let us use their pool.
When it was our swimming sports time our sports were held at Runanga Pool which is bigger and deeper. Unfortunately, the junior school couldn't do swimming this term. Hopefully, our school PTF pays for us to swim next term. The school always pays for two terms a year.  If the PTF pays we will get e terms in the "Aquatic Centre'.

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Blaketown Room 2, Zoey here again from Gilberthorpe School.
    WOW!!! That is really funny and interesting. You guys are lucky that you get to go swimming at this time of year. We had our pool closed since it isn't a in door pool so we can't go swimming till Spring or Summer. I bet ya it was really fun for you guys!

    Maybe next time you could do something fun after the swimming lessons if you are aloud. Did you know that swimming in the Winter or Autumn could make you really sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 2 your deserts are so yummy I just want to eat them plz send me some my name is Grace and I love your students blogs they are so goog keep it up never give up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora blaketown Room 2 my name is Tyson from waikowhai primary school.Wow! That is really funny and interesting. You guys are lucky that you get to go swimming at this time of year. We had our pool closed since it isn't a in oor pool so we can't go swimming till Spring or Summer. I really think you should change the font colour because I cant really read the writing but evrything else was awsome.come check at my blog at https://wpstysond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, my name is Faris and I am a student in room Waitemata at Waikowhai Primary School.I really like pictures that you made.It made me think of when I used to go swimming. Have you thought about adding bigger pictures? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpsfarisa.blogspotcom/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi it is Angus here from gilberthorpe school I enjoyed the part when you said that you were all swimming in diferentes groups. Did you think about putting in what you learned. some people in my class went swimming to
    BLOG YOU LATER!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.